Passionate About Teaching, Dedicated to Our Students
At Agassi College Prep Academy, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to excel - to dream bigger and realize his or her full potential in the field of their choice. This happens when teachers are passionate about teaching, are dedicated to students, and promote educational excellence.
Teachers at Agassi College Prep Academy:
- Believe every child deserves an equal opportunity to learn
- Place students at the center of the learning process
- Value feedback and hold one another accountable for high quality instruction
- Empower every student to become actively engaged, life-long learners who are academically and socially prepared to excel in the global world
If you are an inspirational teacher who can bring out a student’s potential, we are looking for you to join our team of brilliant, hard-working educators.
At Agassi College Prep Academy, teachers are held to a high standard of excellence and professionalism.
AACPA Teachers are expected to:
- Hold and require high expectations for all students
- Model care of the entire person and help students develop positive character traits such as respect and responsibility
- Plan and provide rigorous and engaging academic instruction to all students
- Provide differentiation, accommodations and modifications for students
- Implement and uphold school-wide policies within the classroom
- Create and foster a positive and safe learning environment
- Monitor student progress through quarterly assessments and use the data to drive instruction
- Establish and maintain communication with parents to keep them informed of student performance and progress
- Provide students with feedback in a timely manner
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Collaborate with grade-level teachers to plan, implement, assess, and revise curricula that is aligned with the common core standards
- Model strong written and verbal skills
- Attend and participate in staff and grade level meetings
- Arrive punctually to all required school activities
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- At least two years of teaching experience (required)
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (strongly preferred)
- Experience working in urban schools (preferred)
- Nevada state teaching credential (preferred)
- Committed to help Agassi College Prep to develop into one of the finest schoolsin the nation
- Middle School Math Teacher
The Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.